|Innovating The Next Big Thing||May 18, 2013|
• Leadership & Vision
• Innovation at HP
• HP Buzz
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Enterprise Solutions
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Web Stats
Gartner Says IT Spending for Indian Financial Services Industry to Reach 377 Billion Rupees in 2012
Jun 7, 2012 – Gartner News
Telecommunications will be the Largest Spending Area, with Software Growing Fastest.
Telecommunications equipment and services represents the biggest spending category, and it is forecast to reach 131 billion rupees in 2012, up from 113 billion in 2011. However, spending on software is expected to grow the fastest in 2012, with revenue totaling 34 billion rupees in 2012, up 28 percent from 2011 revenue of nearly 27 billion. This is being driven by a very high growth in enterprise software applications such as financial and administration packages, and customer relationship management.
“The real spend drivers will be the Indian retail bankers, although all financial services sectors including insurance and securities are increasing IT spend as they build out their infrastructures, “ said Derry Finkeldey, principal research analyst at Gartner. “Mobile is really top of mind for CIOs currently, and enterprise spend on devices is increasing and expected to grow by nearly 50 percent in 2012. There is also a corresponding growth in mobile network services, of nearly 30 percent.”
“This focus on mobility is a global trend, but particularly pertinent to Indian FSIs,” said Ms Finkeldey. “They are all focused on leveraging the high mobile penetration to bring banking services to a wider audience.”
Further information on financial services sector IT spending is available in the Gartner report, ”Forecast: Enterprise IT Spending by Vertical Industry Market, Worldwide, 2010-2016, 1Q12 Update”, at http://www.gartner.com/resId=1982716. This vertical industries forecast provides total enterprise IT spending, including internal spending and multiple lines of detail for spending on hardware, software, IT services, and telecommunications for vertical industries and 43 countries within seven geographies.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Analyst Insights articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 5/12 Frontline Sentinel: Two-Factor Authentication for Social Media Sites
• 5/12 Print Service Providers Worldwide Accelerate Growth with the HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press
• 5/10 McAfee Blogs: RealTime for ePO – Optimized Endpoint Security
• 5/10 HP Announces Participation in Upcoming Investor Conferences
• 5/10 HP Vertica Announces First Annual Worldwide User Conference
• 5/10 HP to Present Live Audio Webcast of Second Quarter Earnings Conference Call
• 5/10 Ovum: Ovum comments: GB smart meter delay better late than never
• 5/10 Gartner Says India Has The Potential To Lead The World In The Nexus Of Social, Mobile, Cloud And Information But May Waste The Opportunity
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: NSA's Manual on Hacking the Internet
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: 8 charged in $45 million cybertheft bank heist
• 5/9 Gartner Highlights Three Key Foundational Elements for Demand-Driven Retail Success
• 5/9 iSuppli: Korean and American Versions of Galaxy S4 as Different as Kimchee and Coleslaw, IHS Teardown Reveals
• 5/9 eMarketer: eMarketer: Emerging Markets Drive Facebook User Growth
• 5/9 Connect: Influence HP - HP ISS Roadshow in August and September
• 5/9 Connect: Meet Stephanie Webster - Connect Member Relations Manager
• 5/9 Wireless Watch: Microsoft/Nokia alliance at crossroads as both ponder OS futures
• 5/9 Wireless Watch: Apple must rethink far more than the iOS user interface
• 5/9 Faultline: Quantenna gets closer to ST Micro, expect it to get “ascloseasthis”
• 5/9 Faultline: Microsoft volunteers to take Nook, as Barnes and Noble start to breakup
• 5/9 Canalys: Smart mobile device shipments exceed 300 million in Q1 2013 - Android powers 59% of smart phones, tablets and notebooks
• 5/8 McAfee Blogs: Cybercriminals Celebrate – It’s Mothers Day!!
• 5/8 Ovum: Government policy-makers need to create a level playing field for cloud services procurement
• 5/8 Gartner Says Smart Organizations Will Embrace Fast and Frequent Project Failure in Their Quest for Agility
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: How Secure Are Your Social Accounts?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: The Password Problem. Is it Your Problem?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: Have you met McAfee’s SIEM?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: NCCDC 2013 – Red Team Recap
• 5/7 HP Security Lab Blog: HP TippingPoint announces Security Management System 3.6
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: Yes, There are “Mother’s Day” Scams
• 5/7 Ovum: Analyst View: TPG looks to become Australia’s fourth MNO
• 5/7 Ovum: Analyst view: UK G-Cloud to champion public cloud
• 5/7 Gartner Says CIOs Will Need to Manage Both Technology and Business Innovation to Gain Competitive Advantage with Big Data
• 5/6 The Next Big Thing Blog: Tech Con ‘13
• 5/6 Data Central: Driving Change in the Energy Space
• 5/6 HP Gives SMBs Increased Mobility and Performance with New PC and Print Solutions
• 5/6 Spring '13 Commercial Printing and Personal Systems Launch – SMB
• 5/6 HP Improves Customers’ Data Center Efficiencies to Support Future Growth
• 5/6 Gartner Says Indian Public Cloud Services Market To Reach $443 Million In 2013
• 5/6 iSuppli: IHS Discusses How PCs Can Survive the Tablet Invasion, at the SID Touch Gesture Motion Event
• 5/6 McAfee Blogs: Emerging ‘Stack Pivoting’ Exploits Bypass Common Security
• 5/5 McAfee Blogs: Intel, McAfee Investing in Network Security; Strength through Acquisition
• 5/5 McAfee Blogs: Change Your Password Day – Get Onboard!
• 5/5 Frontline Sentinel: iFrame drive-by attack demo [Anatomy of Attack online]
• 5/5 The Next Big Thing Blog: Robots in space, more to come...
• 5/3 Frontline Sentinel: Basic Use of Maltego for Network Intelligence Gathering
• 5/3 iSuppli: Russian, Eastern European Video Surveillance Market to Double from 2012 to 2017