|Innovating The Next Big Thing||March 2, 2015|
• Leadership & Vision
• Enterprise Solutions
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Innovation at HP
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• HP Buzz
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Traffic Feed
Barry's Book Shop
The Next Big Thing Blog: What does it mean to be global today?
May 23, 2012 – Charlie Bess (Charlie Bess)
This week I was at the MIT Sloan CIO symposium. In one of the panels there was a discussion about how the CIO can help make an organization global. I’ll paraphrase what I got out of it:
Being global means being local in a standard way.
The old model of being global meant applying the same processes… everywhere, that is now passé.
Every customer knows they are special. They need to be treated that way. For an organization to be global it needs to recognize that fact -- yet be cost effective and flexible.
The employees of the untethered, aggregated, ecosystem we call an enterprise today are important and they need to be recognized as special, as well. Leaders need to bridge relationships and resources across boundaries in innovative ways and then have the capability to share what they’ve learned so the entire organization can take advantage of it.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Innovation at HP articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 2/12 Connect News: Connect Members: Save 30% on HP Training!! Check out the Hot Seats for this week!
• 2/12 Faultline: Streaming services “chip away” at Broadcast TV
• 2/12 Faultline: WiFi Alliance voices “concerns” over growing LAA services
• 2/12 Faultline: “Survey shows linear TV’s hold is slipping as viewing habits shift
• 2/12 Faultline: Charter Q4 results show footprint growth but not profit
• 2/12 Faultline: “Internet services will face increasing content costs”
• 2/11 Canalys News: Over 720,000 Android Wear devices shipped in 2014
• 2/9 Connect News: FREE WEBINAR: Bringing OpenStack® and CloudFoundry® Together to Manage Complex Cloud Workloads!
• 2/5 Faultline: Two newest Telefonica UK MVNO partners show positive results
• 2/5 Faultline: SeaChange jettisons staff to stay afloat
• 2/3 Canalys News: Media alert: Micromax reaches number one in smart phones in India for the first timef
• 2/2 Connect News: Congrats to our February HP CLASS PASS winner Alfredo Heredia with Sogeti USA!
• 2/2 Canalys News: Worldwide tablet shipments fall for the first time – down by 12% in Q4 2014
• 1/31 The Next Big Thing Blog: Looking at the smart home and wondering about the smart enterprise
• 1/30 HP Security Products Blog: “I’m just here so I don’t get fined”Enterprise security: What’s new for the week of January 26, 2015
• 1/30 HP Security Products Blog: “I’m just here so I don’t get fined”
• 1/30 McAfee Blog Central: Hackers Access Taylor Swift’s Social Accounts. Her Advice: Shake It Off
• 1/30 McAfee Blog Central: New Year, New Opportunities; Special Guest Scott Lovett
• 1/30 IBM News: IBM Research To Lead Company's Advanced Computer Chip R&D At SUNY Polytechnic Institute
• 1/30 IBM News: IBM Announces Services Center in UK, Creating up to 300 New Tech Roles
• 1/30 IBM News: IBM serves real time interactive data to fans at the Australian Open
• 1/29 HP Security Products Blog: The effect of management turnover in your SOC
• 1/29 HP Security Products Blog: HP TippingPoint DVLabs threat assessment--Ghost
• 1/29 HP Newsroom: HP Board Declares Regular Dividend
• 1/29 Ovum: Apple Watch could bring an extra US$16.5bn to Apple’s revenues by 2020
• 1/29 Wireless Watch: Apple posts record numbers, but it all hinges on the iPhone
• 1/29 Wireless Watch: As Samsung’s low end dash crushes profits, Huawei turns premium
• 1/29 Wireless Watch: Sky defects from Vodafone to O2 to join UK quad play race
• 1/29 Wireless Watch: India lowers spectrum prices, but not as far as GSMA wants
• 1/29 Faultline: UK communications numbers mostly heading in the right direction
• 1/29 Faultline: Broadband Delivered sports to increase 10-fold by 2025
• 1/29 Faultline: Apple posts record numbers, success hinges entirely on iPhones
• 1/29 Faultline: Sky throws in its quad play hand with Telefonica
• 1/29 Faultline: Vultures circle as India enters final cable digitization phase
• 1/29 Faultline: Imagine buys RGB Networks for multiscreen delivery portfolio
• 1/29 RSA Security News: EMC Reports Full-Year 2014 Financial Results, Record Fourth-Quarter Revenue
• 1/29 McAfee Blog Central: What We Need to Fight Back (Blog 1 of 4)
• 1/29 McAfee Blog Central: Super Scammers Flock to Super Bowl. Here’s How to Avoid Them
• 1/29 McAfee Blog Central: To Make Security Work for Work, Companies Need to Invest in Automatic Solutions
• 1/29 Intel News: 5th Generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ Processors Aim to Transform Today's Workplace
• 1/29 IBM News: IBM Research and Mars, Incorporated Launch Pioneering Effort to Drive Advances in Global Food Safety
• 1/29 Cyber Trust Blog: The Importance of Effective Information Sharing
• 1/28 The Next Big Thing Blog: Data Privacy Day - January 28th
• 1/28 Gartner Says By 2017, U.S. Customers' Mobile Engagement Behavior Will Drive Mobile Commerce Revenue to 50 percent of U.S. Digital Commerce Revenue
• 1/28 iSuppli: Apple's record iPhone results prove no mobile market leader's position is ever secure
• 1/28 Symantec News: Symantec Selects Veritas Technologies Corporation as the Name for its Independent Information Management Company
• 1/28 McAfee Blog Central: 2015 – Intel Releases New Discovery Education Module on Cybersecurity
• 1/28 McAfee Blog Central: 2015 – Time to Reexamine Cyber Parenting and Cyber Safety
• 1/28 IBM News: IBM Research Announces Cloud Breakthrough For Protecting Personal Data
• 1/28 Cyber Trust Blog: Data Privacy Day in a World of Cloud Computing