|Innovating The Next Big Thing||April 19, 2015|
• Leadership & Vision
• Enterprise Solutions
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Innovation at HP
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• HP Buzz
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Traffic Feed
Barry's Book Shop
The Next Big Thing Blog: What does it mean to be global today?
May 23, 2012 – Charlie Bess (Charlie Bess)
This week I was at the MIT Sloan CIO symposium. In one of the panels there was a discussion about how the CIO can help make an organization global. I’ll paraphrase what I got out of it:
Being global means being local in a standard way.
The old model of being global meant applying the same processes… everywhere, that is now passé.
Every customer knows they are special. They need to be treated that way. For an organization to be global it needs to recognize that fact -- yet be cost effective and flexible.
The employees of the untethered, aggregated, ecosystem we call an enterprise today are important and they need to be recognized as special, as well. Leaders need to bridge relationships and resources across boundaries in innovative ways and then have the capability to share what they’ve learned so the entire organization can take advantage of it.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Innovation at HP articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 4/8 Connect News: New webinar on 4/15 12 PM CST - Protecting Your Enterprise: Keeping Email Secure and eDiscovery Easy
• 4/7 Connect News: Webinar - The New Style of IT Networking is Here
• 4/6 Connect News: WEBINAR ON DEMAND: Outthinking the Bad Guys
• 3/31 Ovum: WhatsApp takes on the challenge of VoIP communications
• 3/31 Gartner Says Mobile App Adoption Is Maturing as Usage Mellows
• 3/31 Gartner Says Asia Pacific Devices Shipments to Grow 3.2 Percent in 2015
• 3/31 HP Security Products Blog: Join us at the HP Software Government Summit--on April 7th!
• 3/30 HP Security Products Blog: Enterprise network security: What’s new for the week of March 23, 2015
• 3/30 HP Newsroom: HP Unveils Software Innovations to Help Businesses Win in the Mobile App Economy
• 3/27 Ovum: Facebook’s Messenger Platform takes measured steps towards a richer user experience
• 3/27 eMarketer: UK to Achieve World First as Half of Media Ad Spend Goes Digital
• 3/27 HP Security Products Blog: Securing the Internet of Things: Mapping IoT attack surface areas with the OWASP IoT Top 10 project
• 3/26 Ovum: Pricing, network quality and marketing are key to 4G success
• 3/26 iSuppli: NXP-Freescale Fusion Creates Automotive Semiconductor Powerhouse, IHS Says
• 3/26 Faultline: 2020 Tokyo Olympic will be in 8K
• 3/26 Faultline: Amagi to roll out 2nd Gen ad splicing system at NAB
• 3/26 Faultline: Kilar’s Vessel still only half full at launch
• 3/26 Faultline: Google’s Schmidt confirms Glass 2.0
• 3/26 Faultline: SK Telecom bids for all of SK Broadband
• 3/26 Faultline: Deals, Launches and Products
• 3/26 Faultline: Dish picks Nagra for Dish Anywhere ad-insertion
• 3/26 Wireless Watch: Google’s Schmidt confirms Glass 2.0
• 3/26 Wireless Watch: Small Cell Forum and ETSI join forces on NFV
• 3/26 Wireless Watch: Ericsson looks ahead to software defined power architecture
• 3/26 Wireless Watch: 5G will fail like 3G, if operators continue to defend the old licensing regimes
• 3/26 Wireless Watch: India’s giant auction will divide sheep from goats in 4G
• 3/26 Wireless Watch: SK Telecom bids for all of SK Broadband
• 3/26 Wireless Watch: Facebook open sources its cellular apps performance tool
• 3/26 Wireless Watch: BT back in mobile, Three/O2 merger terms agreed
• 3/26 Wireless Watch: Telstra backs Cohere’s new modulation scheme
• 3/26 Wireless Watch: Adobe aids Microsoft’s Spartan with web standards partnership
• 3/25 Ovum: BT’s new consumer mobile offering won’t shake up the UK market – yet
• 3/25 Gartner Survey Finds 84 Percent of Southeast Asian CIOs Need to Adapt Their Leadership Style to Support Digital Business
• 3/25 HP Security Products Blog: Is it stupid to "Think like a bad guy"?
• 3/25 HP Security Products Blog: HP Cyber Risk Report 2015: spotlight on the applications
• 3/24 Ovum: Online calendar presents community health and social events
• 3/24 Ovum: BT/EE and Three/O2: now over to the competition authorities
• 3/24 Connect News: Just 7 days until our next HP Education Services CLASS PASS drawing!
• 3/24 HP Newsroom: HP delivers first fully-configured and integrated OpenStack and Cloud Foundry-based private cloud
• 3/24 HP Newsroom: HP and Bang & Olufsen Partner to Bring Premium Sound to PCs
• 3/23 Gartner Says Enterprise IT Spending in Southeast Asia Will Reach $62 Billion by 2018
• 3/23 HP Security Products Blog: HP ArcSight Logger launches mobile app for monitoring on-the-go
• 3/23 HP Security Products Blog: Back to the Basics: Defining a Use Case for SIEM
• 3/20 Connect News: Save $100 on HP’s Cloud Security training at RSA Conference 2015
• 3/20 HP Security Products Blog: Enterprise network security: What’s new for the week of March 16, 2015
• 3/20 HP Security Products Blog: Are you (un)certain that your code is secure? The new reality for federal agencies