|Innovating The Next Big Thing||December 19, 2014|
• Leadership & Vision
• Enterprise Solutions
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Innovation at HP
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• HP Buzz
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Web Stats
Barry's Book Shop
HP Moves HP Cloud Services to Public Beta:Rich, growing partner ecosystem offers robust choice of cloud solutions
May 10, 2012 – HP News
HP today made its first public cloud services available as a public beta.
Advancing the company’s Converged Cloud portfolio, HP Cloud Services deliver an open-source-based public cloud infrastructure with business-oriented features that enable developers, independent software vendors (ISVs) and enterprises of all sizes to build the next generation of web applications.
HP Cloud Services offer a public cloud infrastructure along with platform services and cloud solutions. Designed with OpenStack™ technology, the open-sourced-based architecture ensures no vendor lock-in, improves developer productivity, features a full stack of easy-to-use tools for faster time to code, provides access to a rich partner ecosystem, and is backed by personalized customer support.
HP’s full suite of public cloud services will enable developers to create the next generation of web services to be built, run and scaled on a global basis, backed with a broad selection of analytics, tools and services.
"Whether you are an independent developer, ISV or the CIO of a major organization, the priority is to design your applications for today’s cloud economy,” said Zorawar ‘Biri’ Singh, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Services, HP. “We will continue to build, integrate and deploy developer-focused features, designed to support a world-class cloud that enables our customers and partners to run and operate web services at scale, on a global basis.”
Nearly 40 companies have announced their support for HP Cloud Services, from Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) partners to storage, management and database providers. The rich partner ecosystem provides customers with rapid access to an expansive suite of integrated cloud solutions that offer new ways to become more agile and efficient. The partner network also provides a set of tools, best practices and support to help maximize productivity on the cloud.
This ecosystem of partners is a step along the path to an HP Cloud Services Marketplace, where customers will be able to access HP Cloud Services and partner solutions through a single account. With HP Cloud Services, customers will access new partners and markets.
Companies announcing support of HP’s public beta today include:
Pricing is available at http://hpcloud.com/pricing.
HP’s premier client event, HP Discover, takes place June 4-7 in Las Vegas.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Enterprise Insights articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 8/20 Gartner Identifies Eight Steps to Build a Compelling Business Case for Social Initiatives
• 8/19 Gartner Says Consumer 3D Printing Is More Than Five Years Away
• 8/14 Gartner Says Traditional Development Practices Will Fail for Mobile Apps
• 8/13 Ovum: Ovum forecasts global OC market to grow 8% in 2014
• 8/12 Plan Now to Avoid Windows XP Deja Vu With Windows 7
• 8/11 Gartner's 2014 Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies Maps the Journey to Digital Business
• 8/11 Gartner Says Chromebook Sales Will Reach 5.2 Million Units in 2014
• 8/10 Gartner Says Software Spending for Middle Eastern and North African Banking and Securities Firms to Grow More Than 9 Percent in 2014
• 8/7 Gartner Announces Symposium/ITxpo 2014, October 5-9, in Orlando
• 8/7 Faultline: EBU churlishly talks down LTE, but has no answers of its own
• 8/7 Faultline: Apple and Samsung stop fighting, notice Chinese creeping up
• 8/7 Canalys News: Canalys Channels Forums gather tech leaders to inspire and engage with partners and accelerate change
• 8/6 Gartner Says Indian Banking & Securities Firms To Spend 470 Billion Rupees on IT In 2014
• 8/4 Ovum: Ovum and Informa Telecoms & Media Research complete merger; creating a top-tier telecoms, media & IT research firm
• 8/4 Canalys News: Xiaomi becomes China’s top smart phone vendor
• 8/4 Canalys News: Notebook decline eases as tablet shipments level out
• 8/1 Ovum: Myanmar’s under-developed telecoms market is set to become the world’s fastest-growing
• 7/31 Wireless Watch: More twists and turns for Sprint as Iliad jumps in with TMO bid
• 7/31 Wireless Watch: European networks giants have adjusted to life with Huawei at last
• 7/30 Gartner Says India Security Market is on Pace to Grow 8 Percent in 2014
• 7/29 iSuppli: Fire Phone Hits the Sweet Spot for Hardware Costs, but Will Amazon's R&D Investment Pay Off?
• 7/25 HP Newsroom: Delaware Awards HP $147 Million Medicaid Contract Extension
• 7/25 Gartner Says IT Asset Managers and CIOs Should Work Together to Foster Digital Innovation and Avoid Technology Debt
• 7/24 HP Newsroom: HP and Hortonworks Extend Strategic Partnership to Deliver Big Data Solutions for the Enterprise
• 7/24 Gartner Says Indias Mobile Services Market To Reach $19.2 Billion In 2014
• 7/24 Gartner Says Supply Chain Management Software Revenue Is on Course to Reach $10 Billion in 2014
• 7/24 Faultline: Poor awareness, content complacency; 4K TVs doomed to niche?
• 7/24 Faultline: Comcast will build over 1 million commercial hotspots in US
• 7/24 Wireless Watch: Subsidies out, non-handsets in, for the US’s big two carriers
• 7/24 Wireless Watch: The smartphone era is ending as the growth engine runs out of steam
• 7/23 McAfee Blogs: W32/Worm-AAEH Replaces Cryptor With One Used by Dofoil Downloaders
• 7/23 McAfee Blogs: The Firewall is Turning 25, but is it Really All Grown Up?
• 7/22 Ovum: Rushed analog switch-off threatens African TV
• 7/21 McAfee Blogs: 10 Experts, One Topic, 800 Million AETs
• 7/17 HP Newsroom: HP Announces Changes to Its Board of Directors
• 7/17 Ovum: Ovum Decision Matrix: Sustainable competitive advantage with the efficient use of data
• 7/17 Gartner Says the Business Consumer Requires a Digital Workplace
• 7/16 McAfee Blogs: Texas Tech University HSC Unifies Security and Compliance with McAfee SIEM Solutions
• 7/16 Ovum: To survive and thrive in today’s dynamic business climate, enterprises must treat data as an organizational asset, according to global analyst firm Ovum. Enterprises increasingly need to shift the basis of differentiation to focus on smarter
• 7/16 Gartner Says Mobile Application Strategies Will Be Transformed by Cognizant Computing
• 7/15 HP Newsroom: United States Air Force Selects HP for Digital Printing and Imaging Initiative
• 7/15 HP Newsroom: Ralph Whitworth Resigns from HP’s Board of Directors to Focus on Personal Health Concerns
• 7/15 McAfee Blogs: Targeted Attacks on French Company Exploit Multiple Word Vulnerabilities
• 7/15 McAfee Blogs: Continuous Incident Response
• 7/15 Gartner Says CIOs Should Make Digital Business Technologies an IT Responsibility
• 7/15 Gartner Announces Keynote Lineup and Gartner Blueprints for Catalyst Conference 2014
• 7/15 iSuppli: Domestic Suppliers Dominate Chinese Solar Inverter Market as Demand Doubles
• 7/14 HP Newsroom: HP Delivers Seamless Windows Server 2003 Transition