|Innovating The Next Big Thing||March 9, 2014|
• Leadership & Vision
• Innovation at HP
• HP Buzz
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Enterprise Solutions
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Web Stats
HP Moves HP Cloud Services to Public Beta:Rich, growing partner ecosystem offers robust choice of cloud solutions
May 10, 2012 – HP News
HP today made its first public cloud services available as a public beta.
Advancing the company’s Converged Cloud portfolio, HP Cloud Services deliver an open-source-based public cloud infrastructure with business-oriented features that enable developers, independent software vendors (ISVs) and enterprises of all sizes to build the next generation of web applications.
HP Cloud Services offer a public cloud infrastructure along with platform services and cloud solutions. Designed with OpenStack™ technology, the open-sourced-based architecture ensures no vendor lock-in, improves developer productivity, features a full stack of easy-to-use tools for faster time to code, provides access to a rich partner ecosystem, and is backed by personalized customer support.
HP’s full suite of public cloud services will enable developers to create the next generation of web services to be built, run and scaled on a global basis, backed with a broad selection of analytics, tools and services.
"Whether you are an independent developer, ISV or the CIO of a major organization, the priority is to design your applications for today’s cloud economy,” said Zorawar ‘Biri’ Singh, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Services, HP. “We will continue to build, integrate and deploy developer-focused features, designed to support a world-class cloud that enables our customers and partners to run and operate web services at scale, on a global basis.”
Nearly 40 companies have announced their support for HP Cloud Services, from Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) partners to storage, management and database providers. The rich partner ecosystem provides customers with rapid access to an expansive suite of integrated cloud solutions that offer new ways to become more agile and efficient. The partner network also provides a set of tools, best practices and support to help maximize productivity on the cloud.
This ecosystem of partners is a step along the path to an HP Cloud Services Marketplace, where customers will be able to access HP Cloud Services and partner solutions through a single account. With HP Cloud Services, customers will access new partners and markets.
Companies announcing support of HP’s public beta today include:
Pricing is available at http://hpcloud.com/pricing.
HP’s premier client event, HP Discover, takes place June 4-7 in Las Vegas.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Enterprise Insights articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 2/27 eMarketer: US Twitter User Base Begins to Mature
• 2/27 Connect: HOT Seats March 3 - March 17
• 2/27 Faultline: Marvell throws G.hn at the last mile for 500 Mbps Korean broadband
• 2/27 Faultline: DVB comes out with next gen satellite protocols, no mention of Novelsat
• 2/24 Connect: HOT Seats Feb 24 - Mar 10
• 2/20 Wireless Watch: How will mobile networks’ old guard measure up in the age of software?
• 2/20 Wireless Watch: MWC preview: The software-driven network starts to come together
• 2/13 Gartner Says Annual Smartphone Sales Surpassed Sales of Feature Phones for the First Time in 2013
• 2/12 Canalys: 1.6 million smart bands shipped in H2 2013
• 2/12 Gartner Says India PC Market Declined 19.9 Percent In The Fourth Quarter Of 2013
• 2/12 Gartner Says CRM Will Be at the Heart of Digital Initiatives for Years to Come
• 2/12 Gartner Announces Enterprise Information & Master Data Management Summit 2014
• 2/12 Connect: HP Changes Firmware Support Policy for ProLiant Customers
• 2/7 Gartner Says Reports of Mobile Device Cybersecurity Threats in Sochi Olympics Are Not Unique; It Could Happen to You at Your Local Coffee Shop
• 2/6 Gartner Says PC Market in Western Europe Declined 4 Percent in Fourth Quarter of 2013
• 2/6 By 2016, 25 Percent of Large Global Companies Will Have Adopted Big Data Analytics For At Least One Security or Fraud Detection Use Case
• 2/6 Connect: OpenVMS Roadmap Update
• 2/6 Faultline: Cisco VNI thinks tablets will be mostly 4G – we don’t agree
• 2/6 Faultline: TWC manages meager 0.1% residential growth in the quarter
• 2/6 Wireless Watch: OpenDaylight launch highlights large vendors’ sway over carrier SDN
• 2/6 Wireless Watch: Microsoft’s choice of CEO leaves the mobile questions unanswered
• 2/5 The Next Big Thing Blog: Is the Internet-of-Things really on the brink of enabling a major shift in business value?
• 2/5 McAfee Blogs: Plasma HTTP Botnet Steals Passwords From Chrome, FileZilla
• 2/5 What to Expect at MWC 2014 - Consumer Applications
• 2/5 What to Expect at MWC 2014 - Consumer Applications
• 2/4 McAfee Blogs: ‘Whisper’ App: Teens Are Having a Blast but Parents May Gasp
• 2/4 McAfee Blogs: Trust and Relationships in the Mobile Era
• 2/4 McAfee Blogs: Stop! Do You Really Want to Send That Photo?
• 2/4 McAfee Blogs: Choice and Control are Key to Thwarting Shadow IT
• 2/4 McAfee Blogs: Is Encryption Becoming Ubiquitous in Business?
• 2/4 Gartner Says 30 Percent of Organizations Will Use Biometric Authentication for Mobile Devices by 2016
• 2/4 Canalys: PC shipments up 18% in Q4 as tablets reach almost 50%
• 2/3 The Next Big Thing Blog: The shifting view of security required today
• 2/3 McAfee Blogs: Yahoo! Mail Hacked: Secure Your Account Now
• 2/3 eMarketer: Global B2C Ecommerce Sales to Hit $1.5 Trillion This Year Driven by Growth in Emerging Markets
• 1/31 McAfee Blogs: Vietnamese ‘Adult’ Apps on Google Play Open Gate to SMS Trojans
• 1/31 Canalys: Android on 80% of smart phones shipped in 2013
• 1/30 McAfee Blogs: Chat Friend Finder Apps on Google Play Leak Personal Information
• 1/30 By 2015, 25 Percent of Large Global Organizations Will Have Appointed Chief Data Officers
• 1/30 Faultline: Liberty Global plans to challenge EU competition rules in bid for Ziggo
• 1/30 Faultline: DigitalSmiths acquisition rejuvenates tired TiVo UI, opens many doors
• 1/30 Wireless Watch: As Lenovo buys Motorola, Chinese vendors take aim at the Samsung/Apple duopoly
• 1/30 Wireless Watch: Google stops chasing hardware windmills and sells Motorola
• 1/29 McAfee Blogs: Hackers Pull off a Crafty Attack on Michaels
• 1/29 McAfee Blogs: New Year’s Sales; Big Discounts on Stolen Data
• 1/29 McAfee Blogs: Stolen Data: Network Security Can Ensure You’re Not a Target
• 1/29 Gartner Says Uses of 3D Printing Will Ignite Major Debate on Ethics and Regulation