|Innovating The Next Big Thing||May 23, 2013|
• Leadership & Vision
• Innovation at HP
• HP Buzz
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Enterprise Solutions
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Web Stats
HP Helps T-Mobile Save Time, Money with Converged Infrastructure and Services
May 16, 2012 – HP News
HP and SAP solution reduces wireless provider's data-analysis turnaround to less than one day.
T-Mobile, the U.S. wireless operation of Deutsche Telekom AG, provides more than 33 million mobile customers with customized wireless plans, depending on smartphone and data needs. It conducts highly targeted customer communications about mobile phone services and offers, but its previous analytics solution was too complex and could not track customer offers in a timely way.
The solution—built on HP Converged Infrastructure in collaboration with SAP AG and deployed in just two weeks—enhances T-Mobile’s ability to deliver targeted marketing campaigns to customers by transforming the way it delivers, manages and measures its wireless plan offers.
HP AppSystems for SAP HANA is a portfolio of solutions that are preconfigured with HP Services to address the varying needs of customer-database environments. The portfolio includes HP ProLiant servers, HP Storage and HP Networking. Together, HP and SAP offer customers high availability and storage capacity for mission-critical workloads running SAP application software.
“T-Mobile wanted to accelerate the timing and precision of our marketing campaigns to increase customer and shareholder value,” said Erez Yarkoni, chief information officer, T-Mobile US, Inc. “We selected SAP HANA running on HP Converged Infrastructure to achieve this result.”
To assist T-Mobile in the implementation and configuration of an HP AppSystem for SAP HANA, HP provided services to preintegrate the hardware and software, on-site startup for quick integration into T-Mobile’s environment, and support services.
“T-Mobile needed faster and better customer insight from its varied data systems,” said Paul Miller, vice president, Converged Systems, HP. “HP and SAP quickly delivered a turnkey solution that provides simplicity, performance and faster time to value.”
“SAP, in cooperation with HP, worked to support the creation and delivery of a unique and differentiated customer-tracking solution for T-Mobile,” said Steve Lucas, executive vice president and general manager, Global Database and Technology, SAP. “With SAP HANA, T-Mobile can more effectively track its marketing campaigns’ success.”
Changing the way clients access and use data
Additional information about HP AppSystems for SAP HANA will be available at the HP booth (No. 1700) at the SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference in Orlando, Fla., May 14-16, and at HP’s premier client event, HP Discover, which takes place June 4-7 in Las Vegas.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Enterprise Solutions articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 5/12 Frontline Sentinel: Two-Factor Authentication for Social Media Sites
• 5/12 Print Service Providers Worldwide Accelerate Growth with the HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press
• 5/10 McAfee Blogs: RealTime for ePO – Optimized Endpoint Security
• 5/10 HP Announces Participation in Upcoming Investor Conferences
• 5/10 HP Vertica Announces First Annual Worldwide User Conference
• 5/10 HP to Present Live Audio Webcast of Second Quarter Earnings Conference Call
• 5/10 Ovum: Ovum comments: GB smart meter delay better late than never
• 5/10 Gartner Says India Has The Potential To Lead The World In The Nexus Of Social, Mobile, Cloud And Information But May Waste The Opportunity
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: NSA's Manual on Hacking the Internet
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: 8 charged in $45 million cybertheft bank heist
• 5/9 Gartner Highlights Three Key Foundational Elements for Demand-Driven Retail Success
• 5/9 iSuppli: Korean and American Versions of Galaxy S4 as Different as Kimchee and Coleslaw, IHS Teardown Reveals
• 5/9 eMarketer: eMarketer: Emerging Markets Drive Facebook User Growth
• 5/9 Connect: Influence HP - HP ISS Roadshow in August and September
• 5/9 Connect: Meet Stephanie Webster - Connect Member Relations Manager
• 5/9 Wireless Watch: Microsoft/Nokia alliance at crossroads as both ponder OS futures
• 5/9 Wireless Watch: Apple must rethink far more than the iOS user interface
• 5/9 Faultline: Quantenna gets closer to ST Micro, expect it to get “ascloseasthis”
• 5/9 Faultline: Microsoft volunteers to take Nook, as Barnes and Noble start to breakup
• 5/9 Canalys: Smart mobile device shipments exceed 300 million in Q1 2013 - Android powers 59% of smart phones, tablets and notebooks
• 5/8 McAfee Blogs: Cybercriminals Celebrate – It’s Mothers Day!!
• 5/8 Ovum: Government policy-makers need to create a level playing field for cloud services procurement
• 5/8 Gartner Says Smart Organizations Will Embrace Fast and Frequent Project Failure in Their Quest for Agility
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: How Secure Are Your Social Accounts?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: The Password Problem. Is it Your Problem?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: Have you met McAfee’s SIEM?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: NCCDC 2013 – Red Team Recap
• 5/7 HP Security Lab Blog: HP TippingPoint announces Security Management System 3.6
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: Yes, There are “Mother’s Day” Scams
• 5/7 Ovum: Analyst View: TPG looks to become Australia’s fourth MNO
• 5/7 Ovum: Analyst view: UK G-Cloud to champion public cloud
• 5/7 Gartner Says CIOs Will Need to Manage Both Technology and Business Innovation to Gain Competitive Advantage with Big Data
• 5/6 The Next Big Thing Blog: Tech Con ‘13
• 5/6 Data Central: Driving Change in the Energy Space
• 5/6 HP Gives SMBs Increased Mobility and Performance with New PC and Print Solutions
• 5/6 Spring '13 Commercial Printing and Personal Systems Launch – SMB
• 5/6 HP Improves Customers’ Data Center Efficiencies to Support Future Growth
• 5/6 Gartner Says Indian Public Cloud Services Market To Reach $443 Million In 2013
• 5/6 iSuppli: IHS Discusses How PCs Can Survive the Tablet Invasion, at the SID Touch Gesture Motion Event
• 5/6 McAfee Blogs: Emerging ‘Stack Pivoting’ Exploits Bypass Common Security
• 5/5 McAfee Blogs: Intel, McAfee Investing in Network Security; Strength through Acquisition
• 5/5 McAfee Blogs: Change Your Password Day – Get Onboard!
• 5/5 Frontline Sentinel: iFrame drive-by attack demo [Anatomy of Attack online]
• 5/5 The Next Big Thing Blog: Robots in space, more to come...
• 5/3 Frontline Sentinel: Basic Use of Maltego for Network Intelligence Gathering
• 5/3 iSuppli: Russian, Eastern European Video Surveillance Market to Double from 2012 to 2017