|Innovating The Next Big Thing||March 4, 2015|
• Leadership & Vision
• Enterprise Solutions
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Innovation at HP
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• HP Buzz
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Traffic Feed
Barry's Book Shop
HP Brings Large-format Printing to Design Professionals On the Go with New Mobile Application
Oct 20, 2011 – HP Corporate Communications
Bringing easy large-format printing and the instant sharing of plans to design professionals wherever they work, HP today unveiled a new HP ePrint & Share mobile application for the iPhone, iPad® or iPod touch.
HP ePrint & Share is a printing and sharing tool that allows designers in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry to easily locate and access large-format plans on the cloud. This makes it easy to share these files with team members regardless of file size and format, and to adjust page layouts, preview print pages and create print-ready files.
With the new mobile application, large-format plans are always available from any iOS-based device, enabling users to:
“AEC design professionals are highly mobile, constantly moving between the office, the job site and offices of partners and clients,” said Santiago Morera, vice president and general manager, Designjet Large-Format Solutions, HP. “The new HP ePrint & Share mobile application allows designers to view, print and share the designs that are critical to their business, wherever they may be.”
Simplifying the printing and sharing of large-format files
In addition to the new remote printing capabilities, HP’s award-winning ePrint & Share tool simplifies large-format printing by allowing users to print without installing drivers or opening applications.
With the HP ePrint & Share plug-in for AutoCAD, users also can access the tool directly from Autodesk’s industry-leading AutoCAD design and documentation application and create print-ready files with just one click.
New this fall, users can print from HP ePrint & Share to HP LaserJet printers to get A3/B+ and large-format prints in the same printing workflow.
“For us, technology is not only a tool to materialize ideas, but an important partner in a creative process that demands a high degree of mobility,” said Matias del Campo, principal, SPAN Architecture and Design. “Using the HP ePrint & Share mobile application while we are on the go is a very powerful tool for us to communicate with all parties involved in a project, ensuring that the plans we are working from are the most current and keeping the design process flowing smoothly and efficiently.”
HP ePrint & Share is available at no additional cost as a download for HP Designjet customers. The mobile application is initially available at no additional cost as a launch offer through Apple’s App Store. The HP ePrint & Share mobile application enables remote printing to any web-connected HP Designjet printer, including the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP and the HP Designjet T1300 and T790 ePrinters.(1)
More information about the latest additions to the HP Designjet portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/simplify. More information on HP ePrint & Share is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintandshare. Videos and updates on HP Designjet are available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HPdesigners, on Twitter at twitter.com/hpgraphicarts and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/hpgraphicarts.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Fine Print: Imaging & Printing articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 2/12 Connect News: Connect Members: Save 30% on HP Training!! Check out the Hot Seats for this week!
• 2/12 Faultline: Streaming services “chip away” at Broadcast TV
• 2/12 Faultline: WiFi Alliance voices “concerns” over growing LAA services
• 2/12 Faultline: “Survey shows linear TV’s hold is slipping as viewing habits shift
• 2/12 Faultline: Charter Q4 results show footprint growth but not profit
• 2/12 Faultline: “Internet services will face increasing content costs”
• 2/11 Canalys News: Over 720,000 Android Wear devices shipped in 2014
• 2/9 Connect News: FREE WEBINAR: Bringing OpenStack® and CloudFoundry® Together to Manage Complex Cloud Workloads!
• 2/5 Faultline: Two newest Telefonica UK MVNO partners show positive results
• 2/5 Faultline: SeaChange jettisons staff to stay afloat
• 2/3 Canalys News: Media alert: Micromax reaches number one in smart phones in India for the first timef
• 2/2 Connect News: Congrats to our February HP CLASS PASS winner Alfredo Heredia with Sogeti USA!
• 2/2 Canalys News: Worldwide tablet shipments fall for the first time – down by 12% in Q4 2014
• 1/31 The Next Big Thing Blog: Looking at the smart home and wondering about the smart enterprise
• 1/30 HP Security Products Blog: “I’m just here so I don’t get fined”Enterprise security: What’s new for the week of January 26, 2015
• 1/30 HP Security Products Blog: “I’m just here so I don’t get fined”
• 1/30 McAfee Blog Central: Hackers Access Taylor Swift’s Social Accounts. Her Advice: Shake It Off
• 1/30 McAfee Blog Central: New Year, New Opportunities; Special Guest Scott Lovett
• 1/30 IBM News: IBM Research To Lead Company's Advanced Computer Chip R&D At SUNY Polytechnic Institute
• 1/30 IBM News: IBM Announces Services Center in UK, Creating up to 300 New Tech Roles
• 1/30 IBM News: IBM serves real time interactive data to fans at the Australian Open
• 1/29 HP Security Products Blog: The effect of management turnover in your SOC
• 1/29 HP Security Products Blog: HP TippingPoint DVLabs threat assessment--Ghost
• 1/29 HP Newsroom: HP Board Declares Regular Dividend
• 1/29 Ovum: Apple Watch could bring an extra US$16.5bn to Apple’s revenues by 2020
• 1/29 Wireless Watch: Apple posts record numbers, but it all hinges on the iPhone
• 1/29 Wireless Watch: As Samsung’s low end dash crushes profits, Huawei turns premium
• 1/29 Wireless Watch: Sky defects from Vodafone to O2 to join UK quad play race
• 1/29 Wireless Watch: India lowers spectrum prices, but not as far as GSMA wants
• 1/29 Faultline: UK communications numbers mostly heading in the right direction
• 1/29 Faultline: Broadband Delivered sports to increase 10-fold by 2025
• 1/29 Faultline: Apple posts record numbers, success hinges entirely on iPhones
• 1/29 Faultline: Sky throws in its quad play hand with Telefonica
• 1/29 Faultline: Vultures circle as India enters final cable digitization phase
• 1/29 Faultline: Imagine buys RGB Networks for multiscreen delivery portfolio
• 1/29 RSA Security News: EMC Reports Full-Year 2014 Financial Results, Record Fourth-Quarter Revenue
• 1/29 McAfee Blog Central: What We Need to Fight Back (Blog 1 of 4)
• 1/29 McAfee Blog Central: Super Scammers Flock to Super Bowl. Here’s How to Avoid Them
• 1/29 McAfee Blog Central: To Make Security Work for Work, Companies Need to Invest in Automatic Solutions
• 1/29 Intel News: 5th Generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ Processors Aim to Transform Today's Workplace
• 1/29 IBM News: IBM Research and Mars, Incorporated Launch Pioneering Effort to Drive Advances in Global Food Safety
• 1/29 Cyber Trust Blog: The Importance of Effective Information Sharing
• 1/28 The Next Big Thing Blog: Data Privacy Day - January 28th
• 1/28 Gartner Says By 2017, U.S. Customers' Mobile Engagement Behavior Will Drive Mobile Commerce Revenue to 50 percent of U.S. Digital Commerce Revenue
• 1/28 iSuppli: Apple's record iPhone results prove no mobile market leader's position is ever secure