|Innovating The Next Big Thing||July 25, 2014|
• Leadership & Vision
• Enterprise Solutions
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Innovation at HP
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• HP Buzz
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Web Stats
HP Brings Large-format Printing to Design Professionals On the Go with New Mobile Application
Oct 20, 2011 – HP Corporate Communications
Bringing easy large-format printing and the instant sharing of plans to design professionals wherever they work, HP today unveiled a new HP ePrint & Share mobile application for the iPhone, iPad® or iPod touch.
HP ePrint & Share is a printing and sharing tool that allows designers in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry to easily locate and access large-format plans on the cloud. This makes it easy to share these files with team members regardless of file size and format, and to adjust page layouts, preview print pages and create print-ready files.
With the new mobile application, large-format plans are always available from any iOS-based device, enabling users to:
“AEC design professionals are highly mobile, constantly moving between the office, the job site and offices of partners and clients,” said Santiago Morera, vice president and general manager, Designjet Large-Format Solutions, HP. “The new HP ePrint & Share mobile application allows designers to view, print and share the designs that are critical to their business, wherever they may be.”
Simplifying the printing and sharing of large-format files
In addition to the new remote printing capabilities, HP’s award-winning ePrint & Share tool simplifies large-format printing by allowing users to print without installing drivers or opening applications.
With the HP ePrint & Share plug-in for AutoCAD, users also can access the tool directly from Autodesk’s industry-leading AutoCAD design and documentation application and create print-ready files with just one click.
New this fall, users can print from HP ePrint & Share to HP LaserJet printers to get A3/B+ and large-format prints in the same printing workflow.
“For us, technology is not only a tool to materialize ideas, but an important partner in a creative process that demands a high degree of mobility,” said Matias del Campo, principal, SPAN Architecture and Design. “Using the HP ePrint & Share mobile application while we are on the go is a very powerful tool for us to communicate with all parties involved in a project, ensuring that the plans we are working from are the most current and keeping the design process flowing smoothly and efficiently.”
HP ePrint & Share is available at no additional cost as a download for HP Designjet customers. The mobile application is initially available at no additional cost as a launch offer through Apple’s App Store. The HP ePrint & Share mobile application enables remote printing to any web-connected HP Designjet printer, including the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP and the HP Designjet T1300 and T790 ePrinters.(1)
More information about the latest additions to the HP Designjet portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/simplify. More information on HP ePrint & Share is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintandshare. Videos and updates on HP Designjet are available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HPdesigners, on Twitter at twitter.com/hpgraphicarts and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/hpgraphicarts.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Fine Print: Imaging & Printing articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 7/25 Gartner Says IT Asset Managers and CIOs Should Work Together to Foster Digital Innovation and Avoid Technology Debt
• 7/24 Gartner Says Indias Mobile Services Market To Reach $19.2 Billion In 2014
• 7/24 Gartner Says Supply Chain Management Software Revenue Is on Course to Reach $10 Billion in 2014
• 7/24 Faultline: Poor awareness, content complacency; 4K TVs doomed to niche?
• 7/24 Faultline: Comcast will build over 1 million commercial hotspots in US
• 7/24 Wireless Watch: Subsidies out, non-handsets in, for the US’s big two carriers
• 7/24 Wireless Watch: The smartphone era is ending as the growth engine runs out of steam
• 7/17 Gartner Says the Business Consumer Requires a Digital Workplace
• 7/16 Gartner Says Mobile Application Strategies Will Be Transformed by Cognizant Computing
• 7/15 Gartner Says CIOs Should Make Digital Business Technologies an IT Responsibility
• 7/15 Gartner Announces Keynote Lineup and Gartner Blueprints for Catalyst Conference 2014
• 7/15 iSuppli: Domestic Suppliers Dominate Chinese Solar Inverter Market as Demand Doubles
• 7/12 Frontline Sentinel: The Impact of Red Team Drills
• 7/12 Frontline Sentinel: Integrating Threat Intelligence Into Your Security Program
• 7/12 Frontline Sentinel: Creating a Secure Guest Network
• 7/12 Frontline Sentinel: Onward Through the Cloud
• 7/10 Gartner Says Worldwide Semiconductor Sales on Pace to Total $336 Billion in 2014, a 6.7 Percent Increase from 2013
• 7/10 Gartner Says 2015 Will See the Emergence of Digital Risk and the Digital Risk Officer
• 7/9 Gartner Announces IT Financial, Procurement & Asset Management Summit 2014
• 7/9 After Two Years of Decline, Worldwide PC Shipments Experienced Flat Growth in Second Quarter of 2014, According to Gartner
• 7/7 Three Reasons Government Tech Projects Fail
• 7/7 Gartner Says Worldwide Traditional PC, Tablet, Ultramobile and Mobile Phone Shipments to Grow 4.2 Percent in 2014
• 7/3 eMarketer: Google Stays Firmly Atop UK Ad Market
• 7/2 Gartner Says the Physical Location of Data Will Become Increasingly Irrelevant in Post-Snowden Era
• 7/1 eMarketer: UK Mobile Ad Spending to Pass the £2 Billion Mark This Year
• 6/30 Gartner Says Worldwide IT Spending on Pace to Grow 2.1 Percent in 2014
• 6/26 Canalys News: Wireless LANs to represent 18% of enterprise networking value by 2018
• 6/24 Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Technologies for Information Security in 2014
• 6/24 Canalys News: 3D printers gaining significant traction among consumers
• 6/23 HP Security Products Blog: Disrupting the innovator’s dilemma
• 6/23 McAfee Blogs: Multiparty authentication and cryptosystems in the IoT – part 3
• 6/19 HP Security Products Blog: Can the law keep up with technology advances?
• 6/19 McAfee Blogs: Buyer Beware: This Smartphone Comes with Malware Pre-Loaded
• 6/19 McAfee Blogs: Multiparty authentication and cryptosystems in the IoT – part 2
• 6/18 McAfee Blogs: Hackers Score a Goal with World Cup Scams
• 6/18 McAfee Blogs: How The State of Colorado Secured its Infrastructure with McAfee SIEM
• 6/18 iSuppli: In Complex Supply Chain, Knowles and Infineon are Top Suppliers of Packaged MEMS Microphones and Bare Microphone Dies
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Bridging the Tech Gap: A Snapchat Primer for Parents
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Workplace Wearables and the Loss of Privacy
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Thinking About Next-Generation Security and Cyberwarfare
• 6/17 Gartner Says Asia Pacific Enterprise Application Software Market Grew 6.5 Percent in 2013
• 6/17 Gartner Says Middle East and Africa Business Intelligence and Analytics Software Market Grew 11 Percent in 2013
• 6/17 Connect News: 2014 Connect NonStop Availability Awards: Call for 2014 Entries
• 6/16 HP Security Products Blog: Does personal accountability need to shift in business?
• 6/16 McAfee Blogs: What is Fake Antivirus Software?
• 6/16 Service Providers Need to Develop Different Core Competencies to Succeed in a Digital World
• 6/16 Gartner Announces Keynote Lineup for 2014 Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit
• 6/16 iSuppli: Amazon adds music to Prime Subscriptions
• 6/12 iSuppli: Wireless charging coming to all US Starbucks - but incompatible with most enabled devices
• 6/12 eMarketer: US TV Ad Market Still Growing More Than Digital Video