|Innovating The Next Big Thing||March 7, 2014|
• Leadership & Vision
• Innovation at HP
• HP Buzz
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Enterprise Solutions
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Web Stats
HP Brings Large-format Printing to Design Professionals On the Go with New Mobile Application
Oct 20, 2011 – HP Corporate Communications
Bringing easy large-format printing and the instant sharing of plans to design professionals wherever they work, HP today unveiled a new HP ePrint & Share mobile application for the iPhone, iPad® or iPod touch.
HP ePrint & Share is a printing and sharing tool that allows designers in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry to easily locate and access large-format plans on the cloud. This makes it easy to share these files with team members regardless of file size and format, and to adjust page layouts, preview print pages and create print-ready files.
With the new mobile application, large-format plans are always available from any iOS-based device, enabling users to:
“AEC design professionals are highly mobile, constantly moving between the office, the job site and offices of partners and clients,” said Santiago Morera, vice president and general manager, Designjet Large-Format Solutions, HP. “The new HP ePrint & Share mobile application allows designers to view, print and share the designs that are critical to their business, wherever they may be.”
Simplifying the printing and sharing of large-format files
In addition to the new remote printing capabilities, HP’s award-winning ePrint & Share tool simplifies large-format printing by allowing users to print without installing drivers or opening applications.
With the HP ePrint & Share plug-in for AutoCAD, users also can access the tool directly from Autodesk’s industry-leading AutoCAD design and documentation application and create print-ready files with just one click.
New this fall, users can print from HP ePrint & Share to HP LaserJet printers to get A3/B+ and large-format prints in the same printing workflow.
“For us, technology is not only a tool to materialize ideas, but an important partner in a creative process that demands a high degree of mobility,” said Matias del Campo, principal, SPAN Architecture and Design. “Using the HP ePrint & Share mobile application while we are on the go is a very powerful tool for us to communicate with all parties involved in a project, ensuring that the plans we are working from are the most current and keeping the design process flowing smoothly and efficiently.”
HP ePrint & Share is available at no additional cost as a download for HP Designjet customers. The mobile application is initially available at no additional cost as a launch offer through Apple’s App Store. The HP ePrint & Share mobile application enables remote printing to any web-connected HP Designjet printer, including the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP and the HP Designjet T1300 and T790 ePrinters.(1)
More information about the latest additions to the HP Designjet portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/simplify. More information on HP ePrint & Share is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintandshare. Videos and updates on HP Designjet are available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HPdesigners, on Twitter at twitter.com/hpgraphicarts and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/hpgraphicarts.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Fine Print: Imaging & Printing articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 2/27 eMarketer: US Twitter User Base Begins to Mature
• 2/27 Connect: HOT Seats March 3 - March 17
• 2/27 Faultline: Marvell throws G.hn at the last mile for 500 Mbps Korean broadband
• 2/27 Faultline: DVB comes out with next gen satellite protocols, no mention of Novelsat
• 2/24 Connect: HOT Seats Feb 24 - Mar 10
• 2/20 Wireless Watch: How will mobile networks’ old guard measure up in the age of software?
• 2/20 Wireless Watch: MWC preview: The software-driven network starts to come together
• 2/13 Gartner Says Annual Smartphone Sales Surpassed Sales of Feature Phones for the First Time in 2013
• 2/12 Canalys: 1.6 million smart bands shipped in H2 2013
• 2/12 Gartner Says India PC Market Declined 19.9 Percent In The Fourth Quarter Of 2013
• 2/12 Gartner Says CRM Will Be at the Heart of Digital Initiatives for Years to Come
• 2/12 Gartner Announces Enterprise Information & Master Data Management Summit 2014
• 2/12 Connect: HP Changes Firmware Support Policy for ProLiant Customers
• 2/7 Gartner Says Reports of Mobile Device Cybersecurity Threats in Sochi Olympics Are Not Unique; It Could Happen to You at Your Local Coffee Shop
• 2/6 Gartner Says PC Market in Western Europe Declined 4 Percent in Fourth Quarter of 2013
• 2/6 By 2016, 25 Percent of Large Global Companies Will Have Adopted Big Data Analytics For At Least One Security or Fraud Detection Use Case
• 2/6 Connect: OpenVMS Roadmap Update
• 2/6 Faultline: Cisco VNI thinks tablets will be mostly 4G – we don’t agree
• 2/6 Faultline: TWC manages meager 0.1% residential growth in the quarter
• 2/6 Wireless Watch: OpenDaylight launch highlights large vendors’ sway over carrier SDN
• 2/6 Wireless Watch: Microsoft’s choice of CEO leaves the mobile questions unanswered
• 2/5 The Next Big Thing Blog: Is the Internet-of-Things really on the brink of enabling a major shift in business value?
• 2/5 McAfee Blogs: Plasma HTTP Botnet Steals Passwords From Chrome, FileZilla
• 2/5 What to Expect at MWC 2014 - Consumer Applications
• 2/5 What to Expect at MWC 2014 - Consumer Applications
• 2/4 McAfee Blogs: ‘Whisper’ App: Teens Are Having a Blast but Parents May Gasp
• 2/4 McAfee Blogs: Trust and Relationships in the Mobile Era
• 2/4 McAfee Blogs: Stop! Do You Really Want to Send That Photo?
• 2/4 McAfee Blogs: Choice and Control are Key to Thwarting Shadow IT
• 2/4 McAfee Blogs: Is Encryption Becoming Ubiquitous in Business?
• 2/4 Gartner Says 30 Percent of Organizations Will Use Biometric Authentication for Mobile Devices by 2016
• 2/4 Canalys: PC shipments up 18% in Q4 as tablets reach almost 50%
• 2/3 The Next Big Thing Blog: The shifting view of security required today
• 2/3 McAfee Blogs: Yahoo! Mail Hacked: Secure Your Account Now
• 2/3 eMarketer: Global B2C Ecommerce Sales to Hit $1.5 Trillion This Year Driven by Growth in Emerging Markets
• 1/31 McAfee Blogs: Vietnamese ‘Adult’ Apps on Google Play Open Gate to SMS Trojans
• 1/31 Canalys: Android on 80% of smart phones shipped in 2013
• 1/30 McAfee Blogs: Chat Friend Finder Apps on Google Play Leak Personal Information
• 1/30 By 2015, 25 Percent of Large Global Organizations Will Have Appointed Chief Data Officers
• 1/30 Faultline: Liberty Global plans to challenge EU competition rules in bid for Ziggo
• 1/30 Faultline: DigitalSmiths acquisition rejuvenates tired TiVo UI, opens many doors
• 1/30 Wireless Watch: As Lenovo buys Motorola, Chinese vendors take aim at the Samsung/Apple duopoly
• 1/30 Wireless Watch: Google stops chasing hardware windmills and sells Motorola
• 1/29 McAfee Blogs: Hackers Pull off a Crafty Attack on Michaels
• 1/29 McAfee Blogs: New Year’s Sales; Big Discounts on Stolen Data
• 1/29 McAfee Blogs: Stolen Data: Network Security Can Ensure You’re Not a Target
• 1/29 Gartner Says Uses of 3D Printing Will Ignite Major Debate on Ethics and Regulation