|Innovating The Next Big Thing||March 27, 2015|
• Leadership & Vision
• Enterprise Solutions
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Innovation at HP
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• HP Buzz
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Traffic Feed
Barry's Book Shop
HP Brings Large-format Printing to Design Professionals On the Go with New Mobile Application
Oct 20, 2011 – HP Corporate Communications
Bringing easy large-format printing and the instant sharing of plans to design professionals wherever they work, HP today unveiled a new HP ePrint & Share mobile application for the iPhone, iPad® or iPod touch.
HP ePrint & Share is a printing and sharing tool that allows designers in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry to easily locate and access large-format plans on the cloud. This makes it easy to share these files with team members regardless of file size and format, and to adjust page layouts, preview print pages and create print-ready files.
With the new mobile application, large-format plans are always available from any iOS-based device, enabling users to:
“AEC design professionals are highly mobile, constantly moving between the office, the job site and offices of partners and clients,” said Santiago Morera, vice president and general manager, Designjet Large-Format Solutions, HP. “The new HP ePrint & Share mobile application allows designers to view, print and share the designs that are critical to their business, wherever they may be.”
Simplifying the printing and sharing of large-format files
In addition to the new remote printing capabilities, HP’s award-winning ePrint & Share tool simplifies large-format printing by allowing users to print without installing drivers or opening applications.
With the HP ePrint & Share plug-in for AutoCAD, users also can access the tool directly from Autodesk’s industry-leading AutoCAD design and documentation application and create print-ready files with just one click.
New this fall, users can print from HP ePrint & Share to HP LaserJet printers to get A3/B+ and large-format prints in the same printing workflow.
“For us, technology is not only a tool to materialize ideas, but an important partner in a creative process that demands a high degree of mobility,” said Matias del Campo, principal, SPAN Architecture and Design. “Using the HP ePrint & Share mobile application while we are on the go is a very powerful tool for us to communicate with all parties involved in a project, ensuring that the plans we are working from are the most current and keeping the design process flowing smoothly and efficiently.”
HP ePrint & Share is available at no additional cost as a download for HP Designjet customers. The mobile application is initially available at no additional cost as a launch offer through Apple’s App Store. The HP ePrint & Share mobile application enables remote printing to any web-connected HP Designjet printer, including the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP and the HP Designjet T1300 and T790 ePrinters.(1)
More information about the latest additions to the HP Designjet portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/simplify. More information on HP ePrint & Share is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintandshare. Videos and updates on HP Designjet are available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HPdesigners, on Twitter at twitter.com/hpgraphicarts and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/hpgraphicarts.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Fine Print: Imaging & Printing articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 3/13 Innovation Insights: Circumstances for the Success of the Apple Watch
• 3/10 Over The River: Make Time for Game Time
• 3/4 Innovation Insights: Zombie Projects: How to Find Them and Kill Them
• 2/27 IBM News: IBM Delivers Record Performance to Cloud, Mobile and Web App Developers
• 2/27 Gartner Highlights the Top 10 Strategic Technologies Impacting Education in 2015
• 2/27 HP Security Products Blog: Enterprise security: What’s new for the week of February 23, 2015
• 2/26 Innovation Insights: How Singapore Became an Entrepreneurial Hub
• 2/26 Wireless Watch: Telekom Austria becomes a virtualization frontrunner
• 2/26 Wireless Watch: Yahoo drives home mobile message with apps platform and developer event
• 2/26 Wireless Watch: Google goes live with Android for Work, targeting better enterprise presence
• 2/26 Wireless Watch: Dish continues to tantalize the US market with wireless plan hints
• 2/26 Wireless Watch: Qualcomm’s Chromecast rival boosts mobile pay-TV hopes
• 2/26 Wireless Watch: Comcast may follow Cablevision into mobile WiFi soon
• 2/26 Wireless Watch: Bluetooth SIG forms mesh working group at last
• 2/26 Wireless Watch: Juniper and IBM team up on ‘smart networks’
• 2/26 Faultline: No 4K for 2016 Rio Olympics
• 2/26 Faultline: YouTube releases video app for children, subscription music too
• 2/26 Faultline: Vizio specs show 4K finally getting affordable, still not full UHD
• 2/26 Faultline: Viacom plays on MTV for global mobile OTT
• 2/26 Faultline: More set top makers threatened as RDK backs DVB services
• 2/26 Faultline: TiVo OTA hybrid opens door on 4.6m Frontier homes or more
• 2/25 Intel News: Chip Shot: Intel to Support Android for Work
• 2/25 What is Driving Business Intelligence and Analytics in 2015?
• 2/25 eMarketer: BlackBerry’s UK User Base Plummets to Below 1 Million
• 2/25 eMarketer: BlackBerry’s UK User Base Plummets to Below 1 Million
• 2/25 Connect News: FREE WEBINAR ON DEMAND: Shifting from servers to services
• 2/25 HP Security Products Blog: What does being "Certified" mean, anyway?
• 2/25 Intel News: Chip Shot: Intel® XDK Provides New Game Tools and Services for HTML5 Developers
• 2/25 HP Next: Giving Women In Technology A Boost For Further Advancement
• 2/25 HP Next: Enterprises Realize the Benefits of Cloud with HP Services for Oracle Applications
• 2/25 HP Next: HP Helps Businesses Deliver Exceptional Customer Experiences with Enhancements to HP Workforce Optimization Software Suite
• 2/25 Ovum: Analyst View: Samsung’s entry into the Mobile Payments Market poses more challenges to Google than Apple
• 2/24 IBM News: Shiseido Teams with IBM to Empower Its Beauty Consultants with Mobile Apps That Change the Way They Work
• 2/24 IBM News: Citi and IBM Align to Accelerate Digital Banking Innovation Through Citi Mobile Challenge
• 2/24 IBM News: IBM And Juniper Networks Partner To Build Smarter Networks With Predictive Analytics
• 2/24 Gartner Says By 2018, 40 Percent of Large Enterprises Will Have Formal Plans to Address Aggressive Cybersecurity Business Disruption Attacks
• 2/24 Connect News: FREE WEBINAR ON DEMAND: Three Best Practices to Maximize IaaS
• 2/24 HP Next: HP CFO Cathie Lesjak on Q1 FY15 Earnings
• 2/24 HP Newsroom: Deutsche Bank and Hewlett-Packard sign agreement
• 2/24 HP Newsroom: HP Reports Fiscal 2015 First Quarter Results
• 2/23 IBM News: IBM Continues Expansion of Global Cloud Centers to Support Hybrid Cloud Growth
• 2/23 IBM News: IBM and CSC Expand Partnership to Help Growing Ecosystem Develop and Modernize Applications to the IBM Cloud
• 2/23 IBM News: IBM and Tech Mahindra Join Hands to Accelerate Global Hybrid Cloud Adoption
• 2/23 Will New Challengers Disrupt the Mobile Phone Market in 2015?
• 2/23 Connect News: HP gets serious about end-to-end data protection
• 2/23 HP Security Products Blog: Known Issues Plague Threat Landscape