|Innovating The Next Big Thing||April 26, 2015|
• Leadership & Vision
• Enterprise Solutions
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Innovation at HP
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• HP Buzz
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Traffic Feed
Barry's Book Shop
ITC Finds in Favor of HP in Inkjet Print Cartridge Infringement Suit
Oct 26, 2011 – HP Corporate Communications
Federal commission recommends general exclusion order, names additional infringement violations in latest patent ruling
HP today announced it has obtained a favorable review by the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) regarding the importation and sale of patent-infringing inkjet print cartridges.
Specifically, the ITC agreed with the Initial Determination that Asia Pacific Microsystems (APM), a subsidiary of Taiwan-based United Microelectronics Corporation, is a contributory infringer of HP patents in manufacturing inkjet printheads. In addition, the ITC determined that APM was liable for inducing infringement by other companies in supplying inkjet printheads.
In its latest ruling, the ITC also affirmed the finding that MicroJet Technology Co. – a subsidiary of Taiwan-based DB-Tel Incorporated – and PTC Holdings Limited are direct infringers of HP’s patents in the manufacturing and/or sale of inkjet print cartridges. The ITC adopted the Administrative Law Judge’s recommendation that a General Exclusion Order is the appropriate remedy. The order directs the U.S. Customs Service to exclude all infringing articles, without regard to source.
“HP makes a tremendous investment in developing innovative products for our customers and is committed to pursuing action to protect these innovations and, by extension, the value we deliver to our customers,” said Vyomesh Joshi, executive vice president, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. “HP is pleased with the outcome on these matters and the ITC’s enforcement of intellectual property rights.”
The decision is based on investigations into a complaint filed by HP and instituted by the ITC on June 21, 2010, alleging violations of Section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930 in the importation into the United States and sale of HP-compatible inkjet print cartridges that infringe HP patents.
More information about Original HP supplies is available here.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Fine Print: Imaging & Printing articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 4/16 IBM News: IBM Opens Threat Intelligence to Combat Cyber Attacks
• 4/15 IBM News: IBM Confers Highest Technical Honor to 10 New Fellows
• 4/14 Intel News: Intel Reports First-Quarter Revenue of $12.8 Billion, Consistent with Revised Forecast
• 4/14 IBM News: Johnson & Johnson and IBM Announce Plans to Collaborate on Advanced Solutions Designed to Transform Healthcare Delivery
• 4/13 IBM News: IBM Acquires Explorys to Accelerate Cognitive Insights for Health and Wellness
• 4/13 IBM News: IBM to Acquire Phytel to Help Healthcare Providers Deliver Higher Value Care
• 4/9 Intel News: U.S. Department of Energy Selects Intel to Deliver Nation's Most Powerful Supercomputer at Argonne National Laboratory
• 4/9 IBM News: IBM Research Sets New Record for Tape Storage
• 4/9 IBM News: IBM and Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Centro Nacional de Supercomputación Celebrate a Decade of Collaboration
• 4/8 Intel News: Intel Marks 30 Years in China with New Products, Investments and Collaborations
• 4/8 IBM News: U.S. Army Taps IBM Hybrid Cloud for One of Federal Government's Biggest Logistics Systems
• 4/8 Connect News: New webinar on 4/15 12 PM CST - Protecting Your Enterprise: Keeping Email Secure and eDiscovery Easy
• 4/7 IBM News: NASA and IBM Rally Global Developers around Space Exploration on the IBM Cloud
• 4/7 IBM News: Coca-Cola Amatil Improves its Customer Experience with IBM Cloud
• 4/7 Connect News: Webinar - The New Style of IT Networking is Here
• 4/6 Intel News: Intel to Change Financial Reporting Structure
• 4/6 Connect News: WEBINAR ON DEMAND: Outthinking the Bad Guys
• 4/2 Intel News: Intel Publishes 2014 Annual Report and 2015 Proxy Statement; Sets Date for Annual Stockholders' Meeting
• 4/2 Intel News: Ingenico Group and Intel to Bring Payments to the Internet of Things
• 4/2 IBM News: IBM Rolls Out Social Messaging Software for a New Way to Work
• 4/2 IBM News: IBM and China Telecom Partner to Accelerate Mobile Enterprise Adoption in China
• 4/1 IBM News: 4 Out Of 5 Consumers Declare Brands Don’t Know Them As An Individual, According to IBM and Econsultancy Study
• 3/31 IBM News: IBM Connects “Internet of Things” to the Enterprise
• 3/31 IBM News: IBM and The Weather Company Partner to Bring Advanced Weather Insights to Business
• 3/30 HP Newsroom: HP Unveils Software Innovations to Help Businesses Win in the Mobile App Economy
• 3/26 Intel News: Micron and Intel Unveil New 3D NAND Flash Memory
• 3/26 IBM News: New IBM Network Innovation Centers Help Clients Apply Hybrid IT Solutions to Networks
• 3/25 IBM News: Russia's Leading Investment Bank BCS Financial Group Selects IBM Commerce to Bring New Experiences to its Clients
• 3/24 Intel News: Chip Shot: Intel Mobile Momentum Continues in China with ASUS ZenFone 2
• 3/24 IBM News: IBM Master the Mainframe Contest Draws Record Participation, Announces Winners
• 3/24 Connect News: Just 7 days until our next HP Education Services CLASS PASS drawing!
• 3/24 HP Newsroom: HP delivers first fully-configured and integrated OpenStack and Cloud Foundry-based private cloud
• 3/24 HP Newsroom: HP and Bang & Olufsen Partner to Bring Premium Sound to PCs
• 3/23 Intel News: Chip Shot: Dell and Intel Debut New Social Film ‘What Lives Inside’ on Hulu
• 3/20 Connect News: Save $100 on HP’s Cloud Security training at RSA Conference 2015
• 3/19 Intel News: TAG Heuer, Google and Intel Announce Swiss Smartwatch Collaboration
• 3/19 IBM News: IBM Invests in Modernizing Medicine to Accelerate Adoption of Watson Technologies in Healthcare
• 3/19 HP Newsroom: HP Board Increases Regular Dividend by 10 Percent
• 3/18 IBM News: OpenPOWER Foundation Technology Leaders Unveil Hardware Solutions To Deliver New Server Alternatives
• 3/18 Connect News: eCube Systems Launches OpenVMS Survey. Take the Survey NOW!
• 3/17 IBM News: IBM Delivers First Cloud Data Services with Twitter Built-In for Business Professionals and Developers
• 3/16 Intel News: Chip Shot: Intel Security Launches 5 Habits of Practically Unhackable People
• 3/16 IBM News: IBM Helps Angola Develop Smarter Healthcare and Education Capabilities
• 3/16 HP Newsroom: HP Helps TNT Future-proof Business Through IT Transformation
• 3/16 HP Newsroom: HP Drives Partner Growth with Channel Program Updates
• 3/12 Intel News: Intel Lowers First-Quarter Revenue Outlook
• 3/12 Intel News: Chip Shot: Intel Extreme Masters Supports Women in Gaming
• 3/12 IBM News: Report: IBM Global Business Services Ranked #1 in Thought Leadership
• 3/12 Connect News: Save 30% on HP Online and Classroom Training with these Hot Seats!
• 3/12 Connect News: OpenVMS Courses Now Available From VMS Software, Inc