|Innovating The Next Big Thing||July 24, 2014|
• Leadership & Vision
• Enterprise Solutions
• Ecosystem: HP Partners & Customers
• On the Go: Mobile & Wireless Solutions
• Fine Print: Imaging & Printing
• Digital Arts & Entertainment
• Innovation at HP
• Competitive Landscape: HP Rivals
• HP Buzz
• Analyst Insights
• Enterprise Insights
• Network & Information Security
• Enterprise Mobility
Next Innovator Group
HP.com Quick Links
• The HP Blog Hub
HP User Groups
• Ghost City
Feedjit Live Web Stats
ITC Finds in Favor of HP in Inkjet Print Cartridge Infringement Suit
Oct 26, 2011 – HP Corporate Communications
Federal commission recommends general exclusion order, names additional infringement violations in latest patent ruling
HP today announced it has obtained a favorable review by the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) regarding the importation and sale of patent-infringing inkjet print cartridges.
Specifically, the ITC agreed with the Initial Determination that Asia Pacific Microsystems (APM), a subsidiary of Taiwan-based United Microelectronics Corporation, is a contributory infringer of HP patents in manufacturing inkjet printheads. In addition, the ITC determined that APM was liable for inducing infringement by other companies in supplying inkjet printheads.
In its latest ruling, the ITC also affirmed the finding that MicroJet Technology Co. – a subsidiary of Taiwan-based DB-Tel Incorporated – and PTC Holdings Limited are direct infringers of HP’s patents in the manufacturing and/or sale of inkjet print cartridges. The ITC adopted the Administrative Law Judge’s recommendation that a General Exclusion Order is the appropriate remedy. The order directs the U.S. Customs Service to exclude all infringing articles, without regard to source.
“HP makes a tremendous investment in developing innovative products for our customers and is committed to pursuing action to protect these innovations and, by extension, the value we deliver to our customers,” said Vyomesh Joshi, executive vice president, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. “HP is pleased with the outcome on these matters and the ITC’s enforcement of intellectual property rights.”
The decision is based on investigations into a complaint filed by HP and instituted by the ITC on June 21, 2010, alleging violations of Section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930 in the importation into the United States and sale of HP-compatible inkjet print cartridges that infringe HP patents.
More information about Original HP supplies is available here.
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Fine Print: Imaging & Printing articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 6/23 HP Security Products Blog: Disrupting the innovator’s dilemma
• 6/23 McAfee Blogs: Multiparty authentication and cryptosystems in the IoT – part 3
• 6/19 HP Security Products Blog: Can the law keep up with technology advances?
• 6/19 McAfee Blogs: Buyer Beware: This Smartphone Comes with Malware Pre-Loaded
• 6/19 McAfee Blogs: Multiparty authentication and cryptosystems in the IoT – part 2
• 6/18 McAfee Blogs: Hackers Score a Goal with World Cup Scams
• 6/18 McAfee Blogs: How The State of Colorado Secured its Infrastructure with McAfee SIEM
• 6/18 iSuppli: In Complex Supply Chain, Knowles and Infineon are Top Suppliers of Packaged MEMS Microphones and Bare Microphone Dies
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Bridging the Tech Gap: A Snapchat Primer for Parents
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Workplace Wearables and the Loss of Privacy
• 6/17 McAfee Blogs: Thinking About Next-Generation Security and Cyberwarfare
• 6/17 Gartner Says Asia Pacific Enterprise Application Software Market Grew 6.5 Percent in 2013
• 6/17 Gartner Says Middle East and Africa Business Intelligence and Analytics Software Market Grew 11 Percent in 2013
• 6/17 Connect News: 2014 Connect NonStop Availability Awards: Call for 2014 Entries
• 6/16 HP Security Products Blog: Does personal accountability need to shift in business?
• 6/16 McAfee Blogs: What is Fake Antivirus Software?
• 6/16 Service Providers Need to Develop Different Core Competencies to Succeed in a Digital World
• 6/16 Gartner Announces Keynote Lineup for 2014 Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit
• 6/16 iSuppli: Amazon adds music to Prime Subscriptions
• 6/12 iSuppli: Wireless charging coming to all US Starbucks - but incompatible with most enabled devices
• 6/12 eMarketer: US TV Ad Market Still Growing More Than Digital Video
• 6/12 Faultline: US cable operators more unpopular than ever
• 6/12 Faultline: Cisco VNI pushes on, video to be 79% of all traffic
• 6/11 McAfee Blogs: Celebrating our partners’ success
• 6/11 McAfee Blogs: Celebrating our partners’ success
• 6/11 McAfee Blogs: Microsoft Patch Tuesday: June 2014
• 6/11 Gartner Identifies China's Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends in 2014
• 6/11 Gartner Says Mobile Apps Will Have a Significant Impact on Information Infrastructure
• 6/11 eMarketer: Worldwide Smartphone Usage to Grow 25% in 2014
• 6/10 Gartner Forecasts Indian Business Intelligence and Analytics Software Revenue to Reach $139.5 Million In 2014
• 6/10 Gartner Says Worldwide Security Software Market Grew 4.9 Percent in 2013
• 6/10 Gartner Announces Catalyst Conference 2014
• 6/9 HP Security Products Blog: What about 'the machine'?
• 6/9 HP Security Products Blog: Day 2 at Discover
• 6/9 McAfee Blogs: CISOs: What the New CSIS and McAfee Global Cost of Cybercrime Study Means for Your Business
• 6/9 Gartner Says Organizations Must Prepare for the Security Implications of the Digital Workplace
• 6/6 Gartner Says India PC Market Declined 20.6 Percent In The First Quarter Of 2014
• 6/5 HP Newsroom: HP Introduces Thin Client Solutions Delivering Increased Performance and Flexibility for Cloud Environments
• 6/5 McAfee Blogs: Teen Cyberbullying Triples, Emotional Impact Grows
• 6/5 McAfee Blogs: Apple Makes a Strong Push for the Internet of Things, But Will It be Secure?
• 6/4 HP Security Products Blog: Advanced analytics made easy with HAVEn
• 6/4 HP Security Products Blog: Viva Las Vegas! HP Enterprise Security Products represent at HP Discover 2014
• 6/4 HP Newsroom: HP Enhances Mobile Offerings with Business-focused Detachable PC
• 6/4 HP Newsroom: Accenture, HP and SAP Collaborate to Accelerate the Deployment of SAP HANA
• 6/4 McAfee Blogs: Massive Law Enforcement Operation Tells two Malware Variants it’s ‘Game Over’
• 6/4 McAfee Blogs: Backing Up the Claims: ESG Validates McAfee NGFW Strengths
• 6/4 Gartner Says Big Data Needs a Data-Centric Security Focus
• 6/4 Gartner Says by 2016, 25 Percent of the Top 50 Global Banks Will have Launched a Banking App Store for Customers
• 6/3 McAfee Blogs: The Privacy Problems with Mobile Messaging Apps
• 6/3 McAfee Blogs: Teens’ Online Behavior Can Get Them in Trouble